I give my first district leader meeting tomorrow so wish me luck! I've had the
opportunity to learn from two companions as to how to be a good leader so I feel
well prepared. I figure the Lord knows what he's doing, so I'm happy with where
I'm at. I know that this calling will continue to help me grow. The Lord puts us in
places that we can help, but also, he's helping those he puts in those
positions. No matter how much I give, the Lord continues to give back
more.
![]() |
| Writing in my Journal. Haven't missed a day yet! |
So its been a bit of a screwy week. I'm sick again- the Doctor's think it's a sinus infection. *sigh* I'm getting a prescription today from the pharmacy and I'm hoping I recover quickly. I've been waking up at 3 in the morning
like clockwork and I have to take ibuprofen for throat pain, and so my sleeping
schedule has been trashed. I'm still doing missionary work, but I'm trying to
rest as well, knowing that's the only way I'll get better. The new
responsibilities don't help me get much rest either. But I've got faith the Lord
will continue to see me through, just like he has with everything else up to
this point in my life. I know He's got a plan for me. I'm doing my part in his
plan right now. So whatever happens in the future- whoever I end up with,
whoever I become, wherever I go, now and after my mission, is what I know is
meant to happen. Everything has a purpose and a reason. God knows what it is.
Putting my faith in him is all I can do at this point. It may be frightening,
and his plan may not be what -I- want, but it'll be what's BEST. Aligning my
will to his has been the struggle of my life, but I'm working on it, and I will
continue to work on it. It's by having faith we walk the path of happiness and
the path of least resistance. Fighting against God's will is like trying to swim
upstream- no matter how much progress you make, the current will ALWAYS
win.
![]() |
| Me with the Day Kids: Tyler and Nicole |
Modesto is continuing to progress. We're taking him to the temple in a few
weeks for baptisms for the dead. We're helping him out right now with family
history work, and he's excited to be baptized for his son that died in an
accident at the age of 19. This work is eternal- and God wants us ALL to have
the opportunity to return and live with him some day. I have a testimony of
eternal families. I know I can one day live with mine forever- my best friend,
and my children as well as my brothers, sisters, father, and mother. Death isn't
just "the end". There's so much more. I hope and pray my family, present, and
future, are doing well and are happy and proud of me. I know that I am doing the
Lord's work. THIS is happiness.
I love y'all. Take care, be safe, work hard, love life.
Your never deviating friend,
Elder Austin Sork
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK:
Some murmur when the sky is clear
and wholly bright to view,
if one small speck of dark appear
in their great heaven of blue:
And some with thankful love are filled,
if but one streak of light,
one ray of God's good mercy,
Gild the darkness of their night.
-Unknown
Look for the light in the Dark. It's there- everything has its
opposite!
"For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not
so, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither
holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad
... and if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment
nor misery."
(2 Nephi 2:11, 13)
Smile, and choose to look for the light.
Thinking of you!
Stay strong, and be of good courage!
Love,
Elder Austin Daniel Sork



No comments:
Post a Comment